Woodchuck Hard Cider
Woodchuck® Hard Cider is a premium hard cider handcrafted in Vermont, USA from the highest quality ingredients while offering an innovative range of ciders.
Proctorsville, Vermont. 1991. Along the Black River, in a two car garage, a wine maker by the name of Greg Failing begins an experiment with apples. Greg had tasted European hard cider imports, and believed he could create something better fit for the American palate. It was a momentous decision. It reinvented a centuries old beverage category which had vanished from the American conscious in the wake of Prohibition. Woodchuck® Amber was the result and that original recipe remains intact to this day.
Woodchuck® Hard Cider now operates a cidery in Middlebury, Vermont, and the lineup of styles has grown to include a variety of limited releases and private reserves. Distribution, which started in a single Vermont country store, now stretches across all 50 states. A naturally gluten-free beverage, Woodchuck® Hard Cider lends itself well to food pairings and recipes.
Woodchuck® Hard Cider’s core varieties serve as the foundation for all other product lines. Each variety is designed to bring a unique cider experience to the consumer.
- Amber: The Original brand. Crisp and refreshing with a nice golden hue. Expertly crafted with a medium body and clean apple finish.
- Granny Smith: The champagne of Cider. Tart, refreshing and made from 100% Granny Smith apples, tree ripened in the Yakima Valley of Washington.
- 802: The Namesake. 802tm is the only area code for Vermont. Crisp with a clean finish and tawny brown in color from the caramelized sugar added to each small batch.
- Pear: Aged in small batches producing a light color, with a cool crisp taste. Deliciously flavored with a pear finish.
- Crisp: A session Cider that’s cool, refreshing and crafted to be delicate in body and perfected with a delicious crisp apple taste.
- Raspberry: Light and Delicious with a little extra zip. Topped off with a sweet, refreshing raspberry finish.
Woodchuck® Hard Cider’s Limited Release line offers consumers a little something different. Each variety is carefully crafted to include new and bold ingredients while capturing the season and keeping the tradition of what makes Woodchuck’s core varieties some of the best ciders in the world.
- Spring: Delicately balanced with notes of maple syrup and brown sugar blended with fresh apple character.
- Summer: Slightly tart with a full, robust flavor followed by a rich taste reminiscent of New England Blueberries.
- Fall: Handcrafted with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a hint of white oak, giving it a complex and elegant character.
- Winter: Aged with a culmination of premium French and traditional American oak and finishes with a touch of vanilla.
Woodchuck® Hard Cider’s Private Reserve line is a series of ground-breaking ciders. The Private Reserve line is produced in small quantities and available for short periods of time throughout the year.
- Pink: Delicate in body yet full of crisp apple taste. The use of grape skin extract contributes to the soft pink color of the cider. This cider was crafted to honor the efforts of Survivorship NOW, a Vermont organization helping people live well after cancer diagnosis.
- Belgian White: Presents a delicate aroma and taste, mirroring the Belgian tradition of a coriander and orange peel profile, laced with the complexity of apple notes and classic Belgian beer yeast.
- Pumpkin: Fresh and crisp with natural pumpkin taste at the finish and crafted to be served at 45 degrees for the rich flavors to show through.
- Barrel Select: A rare taste of sweet, crisp apple cider combined with smoky, dry bourbon flavors. Aged in genuine white oak Kentucky bourbon barrels.
Farmhouse Select Hard Cider
An artisanal batch of ciders, and a throwback to the early days of Woodchuck in Proctorsville, Vermont. Ciders are featured in a 750ml bottle with a cork and basket finish, and produced in small batches, allowing innovation and tradition to collide in every bottle.
Original ‘91: The attention to detail coupled with the fresh Vermont apples and premium Belgian beer yeast give Original ’91 a unique local flavor with a natural cloudiness and pleasing feel on the palate in every expertly craft small batch.